By 1913, the Inter-State Grocer Company had outgrown its complex on South Virginia Street and began plans for the construction of a much larger, more efficient edifice. The company officers chose a site just across the railroad tracks to the south where the former S.C. Henderson Wholesale Grocer Company had occupied a late nineteenth century building on South Main Street since circa 1902. Just two years later, in 1915, the result was the beautiful building we now call the Gryphon building.
Austin Bradley Law Firm moved into the historic Gryphon building at 10th and Main in 2015 just when it celebrated its 100th birthday. Not only is this building of historical significance but it is now in its fully glory with plush office suites and amazing downtown Joplin views.